Friday, December 3, 2010

Field Journal 1

**I started my blog around field journal 3 so am just now adding my first field journal**


Looking through all of the pictures of the book has really changed my perspective on what is art and what is graphic design. I always thought of graphic design as computer generated art, yet this book has already changed that for me. It is most interesting to see how design began mostly in the form of typography or the designers work with words. It seems as though art was more a form of communication to inform a person or people of something and not quite meant as a piece of art. From the beginning of the book to the end, words are consistently used and seem to be a common thread throughout all of the time periods. 
When looking at the pictures form the modernism period, those pieces of work are what I associate graphic design to look like; more creative, less words, and colorful. I enjoy when the piece of work can send a message to you without needing little to no words accompanying it. It was interesting to me to see the progression of art through time and I can’t wait to learn even more about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment